Sunday, January 22, 2012

Istanbul was all new to me

I have picked Mosques for the theme for pictures this week. I grew up going to churches and have visited tons of churches throughout Europe but my first experience with Mosques was when I went to Istanbul in 2004.

I stayed close to the Blue Mosque and was awakened each morning with the call to prayer. I was really surprised at the interiors to the different mosques that I visited, they just seemed to be huge to me. I think the huge feeling came from the fact that there are no seats so they are just large open spaces. Even with all the people trying to sell me carpets all the time I really loved Istanbul and all the new experiences.

This is a view from the Topkapi Palace and you can see a number of Mosque in the distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment